Graduate with more than a degree and explore your career options with Arts Co-Op. Gain 12 months of paid, professional work experience and a network of contacts. Intake is once each year in September, and is open to students in second or third year.
Success after graduation
- 90% of Canadian co-op grads receive job offers within 1 month after graduation
- Co-op grads earn 12% higher starting salaries than non-co-op grads
- Due to their success in the program and beyond, 25% of our postings come from Arts Co-op alumni.
Lower student debt or no debt at all
- Average co-op earnings over 3 work terms = $27,000
- Total co-op fees over 3 work terms = $2,430
- Return on investment = $24,570
Job search skills
- Techniques for writing effective resumes and cover letters
- One-on-one interview preparation
Enriched classroom learning
- Discover how your degree applies in the workplace
Students work in a wide range of positions in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. See a list of potential jobs and employers available to all Arts Co-op students here.
Employers of particular interest to BA Econ & BIE students might include:
|- Bank of Canada||- Health Canada|
|- Blue Umbrella, Hong Kong||- HSBC|
|- BPI Inc.||- Illuminate Consulting|
|- Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation||- Innovation, Science & Economic Development Canada|
|- Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong||- Offices of Medium and Small Enterprises|
|- Canadian Mental Health Association||- Statistics Canada|
|- Financial Institutions Commission (BC)||- Vancouver Airport Authority|
|- Global Affairs Canada||- Western Economic Diversification Canada|
Arts Co-op Testimonials
Course Scheduling for VSE Students
Some courses that you will need for graduation are only available in certain terms or may need to be taken sequentially.
All BA and BIE co-op students are encouraged to meet with the advisor listed below for their program of study to discuss any course scheduling challenges.
Nancy E. Clarke
VSE Career Centre, Director
For Specific Questions About Arts Co-op