The Vancouver School of Economics is consistently ranked first in Canada and among the top 25 schools worldwide for research productivity, based on the quality and impact of research conducted by its faculty and students.
- Award winning faculty comprised of leading experts in multiple fields, including income inequality, international trade, political economy, taxation, fiscal policy, among many others
- First in Canada to have a Canada Excellence Research Chair dedicated to social sciences research
- Home to the Centre for Innovative Data in Economics, state-of-the-art facilities for data-intensive research
- Several faculty members are affiliated with the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR), an elite research group that brings together leading researchers from across Canada and around the world
- The VSE manages the British Columbia Inter-University Data Centre, providing access to approved projects with selected confidential Statistics Canada micro-level data, including datasets for the National Longitudinal Survey of Children and Youth, the National Population Health Survey, and the Survey of Labour and Income Dynamics, among many others
- Operates the Experimental Lab (ELVSE), an active hive for research in the emerging field of experiential economics
- Partner in the Canadian Labour Economics Forum (CLEF), a new network of scholars and practitioners interested in establishing a Forum to discuss and support Canadian labour research