The Bachelor of International Economics is the Vancouver School of Economics’ flagship program, transforming some of the world’s best undergraduate students into the next generation of global economic leaders.
As a distinct four-year, full-time degree program, BIE students will graduate with a deep understanding of the workings of the global economy, as well as strong technical training that will allow them to enter careers in business, government and academia.
Meet Our Grads
- Focus on international trade, international finance, and international development
- Exclusive classrooms, computer lab, and student lounge space
- Curriculum that combines economic theories and business skills
- Cohort-based program with small class sizes (app. 100 students per year accepted)
- Opportunities for internships, exchange programs, research mentorships, and co-op placements
- Guidance from an academic advisor and development of individual Learning Plans
- Dedicated career centre, and career counselling built into the program
- Direct entry into year one of a four-year economics degree program
Applicants should expect a rigorous and challenging curriculum built around core courses from the VSE and our supporting partner, the Sauder School of Business.