The Bachelor of International Economics is the Vancouver School of Economics’ flagship program, transforming some of the world’s best undergraduate students into the next generation of global economic leaders.
BIE is a distinct four-year, cohort-based degree program. Students will graduate with a deep understanding of the workings of the global economy, as well as strong technical training that will allow them to enter careers in business, government and academia.
The BIE Year 2 Transfer Application for Current UBCV Students is now CLOSED.
If you are a current UBC Vancouver student and you are interested in transferring into Year 2 of the Bachelor of International Economics program, please find more information and our application on our Admissions page.
Meet Our Grads
- Focus on international trade, international finance, and international development
- Dedicated classrooms, computer lab, and student lounge space
- Curriculum that combines economic theories and business skills
- Cohort-based program with small class sizes (app. 100 students per year accepted)
- Opportunities for internships, exchange programs, research mentorships, and co-op placements
- Guidance from an academic advisor and development of individual Learning Plans
- Dedicated career centre and career counselling built into the program
- Direct entry into year one of a four-year economics degree program
Applicants should expect a rigorous and challenging curriculum built around core courses from the VSE and our supporting partner, the Sauder School of Business.