The Bachelor of International Economics (BIE) is a new and distinct four-year, full-time degree program. BIE students will graduate with a deep understanding of the workings of the global economy, as well as a strong technical training that will allow them to go on to careers in business, government, and academia. Applicants should expect a rigorous and challenging curriculum built around core courses from the Vancouver School of Economics and our BIE supporting partner, the Sauder School of Business. The program will be housed in a modern facility with classrooms, computer lab, and student lounge space exclusively for the use of BIE students.
Interested in tips on applying to BIE? Click the following link to read what the BIE’s Academic Advisor, Triny Shen has to say about the program.
- Focus on international trade, international finance and international development
- Curriculum that combines economic theories and business skills
- Cohort-based program with small class sizes (app. 100 students per year accepted)
- Direct entry into year one of a four-year economics degree program
- Dedicated career centre, and career counselling built into the program
- Opportunities for internships, exchange programs, research mentorship, and co-op education work placements