VSE student 1 of 4 students selected for Noah Canada internship in Hong Kong
Today’s prosperous economies owe wealth to engineers of the past
VSE student wins 2017 regional Undergraduate Award in Economics
Achievements & Recognition
- Congratulations to Mauricio Drelichman who has been named one of ten UBC Killam fellowship recipients.
- Congratulations to Christina Cheung, a third-year dual degree student, who received first place for her penny-rounding research at the Harvard National Collegiate Research Conference...
- Fourth-year Economics major, Caroline Li, has won the HSBC Emerging Leader Scholarship & the designation of Wesbrook Scholar...
- The BIE program has been awarded the Alfred Scow Award...
- Hiro Kasahara wins Japanese Economic Association's Nakahara Prize..
- Matilde Bombardini Wins Prestigious Killam Research Prize
Faculty in the News
- UBC prof: the sex robots are coming to save your marriage. No, really - Global News (April 17, 2018)
- Want to Be Happy? Try Moving to Finland - New York Times (March 14)
- 'Fear and uncertainty': Out-of-province homebuyers could rush to sell if B.C. slaps speculation tax - Financial Post (March 12, 2018)
- The side effects of the decline of men - Bloomberg (Feb. 14, 2018)
- Should foreign buyers be banned from the B.C. housing market? - BNN (Jan. 30, 2018)
- Beyond consenting, women actually want to enjoy sex - Globe & Mail (Jan. 19, 2018)
- US tax cuts could affect Canadian economy - News1130 (Dec. 20, 2017)
- Who is Michael Wolfson? - Maclean's (Dec. 13, 2017)
- The Canadian economy might be booming, but not if you’re an immigrant - VICE (Dec. 11, 2017)
- Fact check: Will the Trump tax cuts hurt Canada’s competitiveness? - Global News (Dec. 4, 2017)