VSE student creates public art project in Vancouver
VSE team named finalists in Bank of Canada’s Governor’s Challenge
BIE Career Networking Night 2018
Achievements & Recognition
- Siwan Anderson has won this year’s John Rae Prize from the Canadian Economics Association, becoming the first woman to receive the award.
- Congratulations to Mauricio Drelichman who has been named one of ten UBC Killam fellowship recipients.
- Congratulations to Christina Cheung, a third-year dual degree student, who received first place for her penny-rounding research at the Harvard National Collegiate Research Conference...
- Fourth-year Economics major, Caroline Li, has won the HSBC Emerging Leader Scholarship & the designation of Wesbrook Scholar...
- The BIE program has been awarded the Alfred Scow Award...
- Hiro Kasahara wins Japanese Economic Association's Nakahara Prize..
- Matilde Bombardini Wins Prestigious Killam Research Prize
Faculty in the News
- How video gaming is helping boys land better careers – and hurting girls - Globe & Mail (Nov. 27, 2018)
- We should welcome our new robot overlords, think tank argues - Star Vancouver (Nov. 19, 2018)
- Business groups urge Ottawa to go 'all the way' in matching Trump's tax reforms in fiscal update - National Post (Nov. 19, 2018)
- Why are young people having so little sex? - The Atlantic (Nov. 13, 2018)
- It ended in 1767, yet this experiment is still linked to higher incomes and education levels today - Washington Post (Nov. 9, 2018)
- Playing Computer Games Might Boost Math Scores For Boys: UBC Study - Huffington Post (Sept. 12, 2018)
- The last dance: Why the Canadian strip club is a dying institution - Globe & Mail (Sept. 4, 2018)
- How sex robots could revolutionize marriage-for the better - Slate (Aug. 14, 2018)
- Ontario’s basic income plan was the welfare state on steroids — but it didn’t have to be - Financial Post (Aug. 9, 2018)
- Suicide deaths projected to rise as climate warms: study - The Globe & Mail (July 23, 2018)