Second annual BIE graduation reception celebrates student success
VSE student 1 of 4 students selected for Noah Canada internship in Hong Kong
New study uncovers major differences in billing complexity among U.S. health insurers
Achievements & Recognition
- Siwan Anderson has won this year’s John Rae Prize from the Canadian Economics Association, becoming the first woman to receive the award.
- Congratulations to Mauricio Drelichman who has been named one of ten UBC Killam fellowship recipients.
- Congratulations to Christina Cheung, a third-year dual degree student, who received first place for her penny-rounding research at the Harvard National Collegiate Research Conference...
- Fourth-year Economics major, Caroline Li, has won the HSBC Emerging Leader Scholarship & the designation of Wesbrook Scholar...
- The BIE program has been awarded the Alfred Scow Award...
- Hiro Kasahara wins Japanese Economic Association's Nakahara Prize..
- Matilde Bombardini Wins Prestigious Killam Research Prize
Faculty in the News
- Greyhound exit to spur innovation: prof - Winnipeg Free Press (July 12, 2018)
- Why B.C. launched an online divorce tool with a 30-minute guide to sever the knot - The Star Vancouver (July 11, 2018)
- Could basic income work in B.C.? - Canadian Press (July 3, 2018)
- Data hasn’t borne out fears of loss from American tax cuts - Business in Vancouver (June 13, 2018)
- UBC prof: the sex robots are coming to save your marriage. No, really - Global News (April 17, 2018)
- Want to Be Happy? Try Moving to Finland - New York Times (March 14)
- 'Fear and uncertainty': Out-of-province homebuyers could rush to sell if B.C. slaps speculation tax - Financial Post (March 12, 2018)
- The side effects of the decline of men - Bloomberg (Feb. 14, 2018)
- Should foreign buyers be banned from the B.C. housing market? - BNN (Jan. 30, 2018)
- Beyond consenting, women actually want to enjoy sex - Globe & Mail (Jan. 19, 2018)