Vitor Farinha Luz
I am an assistant professor in the Vancouver School of Economics at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada.
My main research interests are Microeconomic Theory, Mechanism Design and Public Finance.
You can find my CV here.
- “Surplus Extraction with Rich Type Spaces”, 2013, Journal of Economic Theory, 148, 2749–2762
- “Characterization and uniqueness of equilibrium in competitive insurance.” Theoretical Economics 12.3 (2017): 1349-1391
- “The Private Memory of Aggregate Uncertainty” (with Carlos da Costa), Review of Economic Dynamics 27 (2018): 169-183
- “Robust Mechanisms: the Curvature Case” (with Humberto Moreira, Vinicius Carrasco and Paulo Monteiro), Economic Theory 68.1 (2019): 203-222
- “Optimal Selling Mechanisms under Moment Conditions” (with H. Moreira, V. Carrasco, P. Monteiro, M. Messner and N. Kos), Journal of Economic Theory 177 (2018): 245-279
- (NEW) Risk Classification in Insurance Markets with Risk and Preference Heterogeneity (with Piero Gottardi and Humberto Moreira)
- Dynamic Competitive Insurance, under revision
- Signal design and costly entry – slides