- Admission to the Honours Program is by application online only.
- Please note: Application into the fourth year of the program is not recommended.
- Applications must be accompanied by official transcripts from all other post-secondary institutions attended. Students should make every effort to have their applications submitted to the Vancouver School of Economics by May 20, 2020.
- Online Application form now available: CLICK HERE
Honours Program Admission Prerequisites
Students entering their third year with a minimum of 54 credits , with a minimum of 75% or better on all credits attempted, and having taken:
- 6 credits of Principles of Economics (equivalent to UBC Econ 101 and 102)
- 6 credits of University-level Calculus (equivalent to UBC Math 104 and 105)
- 3 credits that satisfy the Writing component of the Faculty of Arts Writing and Research Requirement (ASTU 150, WRDS 150, CAP, Arts One, English 100 or an approved equivalent)
- 6 credits of 2nd or 3rd year level courses in Economics (courses in this category are not acceptable unless they require Principles of Economics as a pre-requisite)
Courses required under the above cannot be taken on a Credit/D/Fail basis.
Selection for admission is based on the average standing in all credits of post secondary coursework attempted.
NOTE: Students who wish to be considered for the honours program should enroll in ECON 304 and ECON 305 rather than ECON 301 and ECON 302.