Penny rounding profitable for Canadian grocers: UBC VSE student research
VSE prof to advise investigative journalists on big data
Prof. Michael Devereux named Royal Society of Canada Fellow
Achievements & Recognition
- Fourth-year Economics major, Caroline Li, has won the HSBC Emerging Leader Scholarship & the designation of Wesbrook Scholar...
- The BIE program has been awarded the Alfred Scow Award...
- Hiro Kasahara wins Japanese Economic Association's Nakahara Prize..
- Matilde Bombardini Wins Prestigious Killam Research Prize
Faculty in the News
- The Justin Trudeau Lovefest Gets a Reality Check - Bloomberg (Nov. 21, 2017)
- Black Men's Sentences 20 Percent Longer Than White Men's For Similar Crimes - Huffington Post (Nov. 18, 2017)
- Report: black men get longer sentences for the same federal crime as white men - Vox (Nov. 17, 2017)
- Black men sentenced to more time for same crime as white person - Washington Post (Nov. 16, 2017)
- Rise of the robots - The Walrus (Nov. 14, 2017)
- Here are the jobs with the highest — and lowest — wage growth in Canada - Global News (Nov. 10, 2017)
- Foreign buyers not swayed by housing tax - Globe & Mail (Nov. 3, 2017)
- UBC economics professor says 1 in 4 chance B.C. election results could change - CBC Vancouver
- Critics say VPD's online dating safety advice too focused on victims - CBC Vancouver
- Should your spouse be your best friend? TODAY