Graduate With More Than a Degree
Explore your career options with Arts Co-op, while gaining 12 months of paid, professional work experience and a network of contacts.
Success after graduation
- 90% of Canadian co-op grads receive job offers within 1 month after graduation
- Co-op grads earn 12% higher starting salaries than non-co-op grads
- Due to their success in the program and beyond, 25% of our postings come from Arts Co-op alumni.
Lower student debt or no debt at all
- Average co-op earnings over 3 work terms = $27,000
- Total co-op fees over 3 work terms = $2,430
- Return on investment = $24,570
Job search skills
- Techniques for writing effective resumes and cover letters
- One-on-one interview preparation
Enriched classroom learning
- Discover how your degree applies in the workplace
Students work in a wide range of positions in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. See a list of potential jobs and employers available to all Arts Co-op students here.
Employers of particular interest to BA Econ & BIE students might include:
|- Bank of Canada||- Health Canada|
|- Blue Umbrella, Hong Kong||- HSBC|
|- BPI Inc.||- Illuminate Consulting|
|- Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation||- Innovation, Science & Economic Development Canada|
|- Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong||- Offices of Medium and Small Enterprises|
|- Canadian Mental Health Association||- Statistics Canada|
|- Financial Institutions Commission (BC)||- Vancouver Airport Authority|
|- Global Affairs Canada||- Western Economic Diversification Canada|
Apply to Arts Co-op
Intake is once each year in September, and is open to students in 2nd or 3rd year. Visit www.artscoop.ubc.ca for eligibility details, info session dates, and application process.
- DEADLINE to apply – Mon., Sept. 26, 2016 @ 4 pm
- BIE Information Session – Wed., Sept. 14, 2016 @ 3-4PM, Room 633, Iona Building, 6000 Iona Drive
- Or attend a general information session (open to all Arts students):
- Thurs., Sept. 15 @ 12:30 – Chem B250
- Mon., Sept. 19 @ 4:00 – Buch A102
- Wed., Sept. 21 @ 5:00 – IBLC 261
What Do Arts Co-op Grads Say About Their Journeys in Co-op?
- Simon Lai, BA, Double Major Economics and International Relations, MA, Economics
- Alexander Tsai-Goodman, BIE (expected 2017)
- Anjali Vyas, BIE (expected 2017)
- Alexa Evans, Economics major (expected 2017)
Course Scheduling for VSE Students
For information on typical co-op work/study schedules and co-op guidelines, please see here.
Considering your work-study schedule is important, as some courses that you will need for graduation are only available in certain terms or may need to be taken sequentially. All BA Economics and BIE co-op students are encouraged to meet with the adviser listed below for their program of study to discuss any course scheduling challenges.
VSE Arts Co-op Program Contact
For specific questions about Arts Co-op eligibility, application process, or other, contact: email@example.com or 604-822-1529.