Graduate With More Than a Degree
Explore your career options with Arts Co-op, while gaining 12 months of paid, professional work experience and a network of contacts.
Success after graduation
- 90% of Canadian co-op grads receive job offers within 1 month after graduation
- Co-op grads earn 12% higher starting salaries than non-co-op grads
Lower student debt or no debt at all
- Average co-op earnings over 3 work terms = $27,000
- Total co-op fees over 3 work terms = $2,477
- Return on investment = $24,523
Job search skills
- Techniques for writing effective resumes and cover letters
- One-on-one interview preparation
Enriched classroom learning
- Discover how your degree applies in the workplace
Students work in a wide range of positions in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. See a list of potential jobs and employers available to all Arts Co-op students here.
Employers of particular interest to BA Econ & BIE students might include:
|- Bank of Canada||- Health Canada|
|- Blue Umbrella, Hong Kong||- HSBC|
|- BPI Inc.||- Illuminate Consulting|
|- Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation||- Innovation, Science & Economic Development Canada|
|- Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong||- Offices of Medium and Small Enterprises|
|- Canadian Mental Health Association||- Statistics Canada|
|- Financial Institutions Commission (BC)||- Vancouver Airport Authority|
|- Global Affairs Canada||- Western Economic Diversification Canada|
|- RBC||- U.S. Consulate General of Vancouver|
|- Goldcorp||- Transport Canada|
|- Alzheimer's Society of B.C.|
Apply to Arts Co-op
Intake is once each year in September, and is open to students in 2nd or 3rd year. Visit www.artscoop.ubc.ca for eligibility details, info session dates, and application process.
- DEADLINE to apply – Mon., Sept. 25, 2017 @ 4 pm
- VSE Co-op Information Session – Wed., Sept. 20, 2017 @ 3-4 PM, IONA 633
- Or attend a 50-min general information session (open to all Arts students):
Wed Sep 13 @ 4 pm – WESB100
Mon Sep 18 @ 5 pm – SWNG 121
Thur Sep 21 @ 1 pm – BUCH A104
What Do Arts Co-op Grads Say About Their Journeys in Co-op?
Course Scheduling for VSE Students
For information on typical co-op work/study schedules and co-op guidelines, please see here.
Considering your work-study schedule is important, as some courses that you will need for graduation are only available in certain terms or may need to be taken sequentially. All BA Economics and BIE co-op students are encouraged to meet with the adviser listed below for their program of study to discuss any course scheduling challenges.
VSE Arts Co-op Program Contact
For specific questions about Arts Co-op eligibility, application process, or other, contact: email@example.com or 604-822-1529.